Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Answer me This -

Ok -So heres the Scenerio -- Your at a coffee shop drawing, some people acknowledge the fact that they might me getting drawn in some way, wether it be portrait, caricature, or just a quick gesture of them. But whatever it may be They have no idea, just that its happening.

Today I was drawing a man and he suddenly, out of nowhere brings out his own sketchbook. He knew i was drawing him so then I think, i repeat - THINK, he started to draw me. But i was not sure, we connected eyes several times in the 10 minutes or so i used him as reference. But while we were drawing each other, we never spoke, or gave much more than a second glance. But I felt a relationship between us. I never asked to see the drawing and he never asked to see mine. But it was the mans appearance that made me want to draw him. And it was the same appearance that surprised me when he brought out a sketch book of his own. Well whatever came of his work, we shared a connection that 2 strangers hardly ever have. I draw people live all the time but this was beyond that, He may not have even drawn me, .... or he may not have even noticed i was drawing him. Wow, im just rambling now. Any hoo - here he is. It started out with a pen and grey marker. Then went itn PSCS2 to add a touch of color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice. i need to get out more and draw random folks, i spend too much time sleepin' on bart. oh well.

check out my new blog here. you and mark inspired me to get one. i put some academic stuff up, lemme know what you think. see ya next week.

-ramon

Anonymous said...

I clicked on your blog from Gabes. (c4!) Good stuff here. You seem to have a good range from plympton to your own style.
Keep up the good work and I hope to see more animations on your site!