Friday, October 02, 2009

The Sartorialst -

So thanks to a blog post by Mel Milton... (another great artist ,find his name in my links list)Posted maybe a year or two ago I stumbled upon a great blog called The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman. It is now one of the most viewed blogs in the world and one of Time Magazines top 100 design Influencers.

Over the course of the time whenever Im having trouble with a character I know I can always go to Scotts blog and Look at the great pictures of ordinary and extraordinary people wearing the clothes that make them...well THEM. Fashion and clothing, just as art is a way of self expression.

Reading the blog over the last few months I noticed Scott was coming out with a book of the same title of the blog. So I went to the store and picked up a copy and was blown away with how jam packed full of pictures it is. Its a great buy for any artist, fashionista, and character designer.

As an Ode to Scott Schuman and His blog, I want to Draw as many characters from this book as possible. Now it would be great to draw all of them as they all deserve to be drawn.... but Im not going to make any promises here and now. lets just see what happens shall we...

For Now here are 2 of the Sketches by me, and inspired from
"The Sartorialist" by Scott Schuman.

The First is From Page 486

The Second is the Cover Girl


This one is the Cover of the Book ( photo by Scott Schuman) just to show you the way I will be designing and getting inspiration from the book.



I will NOT just copy the pose/clothing/or realistically render anything. I am doing this to 1. Draw better 2. Draw from what inspires me 3. Create memorable characters 4. DRAW BETTER!



Thanks!

2 comments:

Biocreep said...

Nice drawings dude! I have often looked at that blog for inspiration!

Fabian Molina said...

Thanks Michael, Great Blog isnt it!