Sunday, January 08, 2012



If time could tell us something about us that we don’t know, what would it say? Who knows?  I sure don’t.   But is it even something I want to find out?    Actually, yes,  I would like to know more about myself.  And I would like for others to know more about me too.  More specifically, my close family and friends, and even more specifically maybe some future little people of my own.  

So what I decided to do was create series of home videos. Home videos like the ones that my dad used to make with his big camcorder. My dads videos became more than just the sum of their parts.  They are more than plastic VHS tapes and more than just a family.  Those home videos are golden.  Like Steve Jobs said, “you can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.”  These are golden dots in time, that I or my kids will open up years down the road and look at how far we’ve all come.  We will be able to connect the dots and hopefully find some truly amazing things within ourselves.    

 This project is a sort of never ending one.  But one that can come to mean more and more as time goes on.  This project will come to show who I am and who I want to be, and even who I have grown to not be. These videos tell no story but are edited with a song in a fairly abstract way.  Just me, my iphone 4, and life.  Come on this ride and take a look at my first home movie.  

Fabian

No comments: